Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Road Less Travelled...

Hoping it's going to make all the difference. With one week of classes left I am swamped with work. So here is a photo update, a more profound blog to come shortly. 

Had a wonderful chat with my congresswoman, the Honorable Shelley Berkley, in her office on the Hill. She is truly an incredible woman and politician. Hoping to potentially work on her campaign this summer back home in Las Vegas.



Met Senator Barbara Boxer, one of two of California's incredible female Democratic Senators. She was witty, sweet, and very intelligent. 

 
Also met the other CA Senator, Dianne Feinstein at a early morning California Constituent Breakfast on the Hill. Unfortunately she was late for a meeting so we couldn't snag an official pic with her.



Outside the Supreme Court on the day Justice Stevens announces he will retire. All the news crews were staked out just to the left of this picture doing sporadic live shots. 



Inside the Supreme Court right before hearing Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg speak, probably one of the coolest things I've done thus far in DC. The woman is living history and I must say I underestimated how "with it" she still is at her age... What an incredibly wise and experienced lady. 

She looks very old and fragile in photos but spoke candidly with us about her job, her life, her time in college and law school, what she enjoys doing in her down time, and what kind of replacement Justice she'd like to see Obama pick when Stevens steps down. This part killed me because I knew that CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX etc. were all staked out outside the building and here I was not only inside, but hearing Justice Ginsburg candidly talk about the news of Stevens just a few feet away from me. Part of me wanted to secretly record it on my camera and give it to someone to put on air, but I figured there are a few places you just don't mess around with sneak attack cameras and the Supreme Court is probably one of those places. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember when Ginsburg came to my law school. She is so teeny tiny. She looks like she will topple over if you run into her a wee bit too hard. haha

    ReplyDelete